- Summer students working on numerical implementations of nonstationary techniques applied to imaging and acoustics, including butterfly algorithms for Fourier Integral Operators used in wave propagation, and creation of synthetic musical notes.
- Internship with CGG/Veritas on an implementation of reverse time migration based on Gabor windows, with comparisons to high order pseudospectral methods, by PhD candidate Ben Wards.
- Several of our graduate students have completed, or are completing their theses in seimic imaging and moving on to research positions in industry.
- Presentations of POTSI work at several national and international conferences, including the annual meetings of the Canadian Society of Exploration Geophysicists (May, Calgary), the US Society for Exploration Geophysicists (October, Denver), the MITACS AGM (May, Edmonton), and the Canadian Mathematical Society (June, Fredericton).
- Generalized Chebeshev-type orthogonal polynomials arising from nonlinear transformations of the Lie group transform developed by Patera et al suggests a new way of understanding orthogonal systems.
MS 514 Phone:
(403) 220-8214 Fax: